Saturday 16 March 2013

2.5" Squares

Since participating in a recent Scrap Vomit square swap, I have fallen in love with the look of small 2.5" squares.

This "Scrap Vomit" (I put the " because it's not really vomit, the fabrics were carefully selected) block is going to become a cushion that will be a birthday gift. The colours I chose were red, brown, black and grey. I actually think this would be a fantastic quilt.


I really enjoyed pulling fabrics from my stash for this one. It made me realise that I do have quite a good stash and I just need to do some fabric play every now and then for inspiration. You just never know what's going to work together until you start pulling them out. 

Because I'm very keen to start making Scrap Vomit blocks I decided to dig into my bag of scrap strips that I had set aside to make some Scrappy Trip blocks. I thought that I could cut the 16" strips needed for the Scrappy Trip blocks and then cut the rest of the length into 2.5" squares for Scrap Vomit blocks. I thought that I had better actually make a Scrappy Trip block to make sure that it's something that I would be happy to continue making more of. 


Yep, no problems there.

No comments:

Post a Comment