Yesterday I received the last of my Great Granny Square blocks from my fellow bee's in QCA Bee # 2.
I laid them all out last night and discovered that I only had to make one more of my own to have enough blocks for a quilt top. Which was a relief after how many I had to make for last years quilt, the red and aqua string block quilt. Note to self: choose large bee blocks.
Some people were very generous and made two blocks. Kate made me a block and added some more squares in so that I can make another. Here it is on my design board.
I cut into these fabrics for my final block.
I also received my Scrap Vomit squares from my swap partner. This is what I sent her.
And this is what I received back.
I'm looking forward to starting a scrap vomit quilt, although I think it will be that I make blocks here and there in between other projects that I am working on. So for now I'm just stashing 2.5" squares.
Next on the list is finishing a quilt top with my Scrappy Improv blocks now that I have purchased the perfect backing fabric for it. I acquired it from Spotlight the other day when they had their 30% off sale. It's great what you can find when you aren't even looking. It's a sign that I need to get this one finished.
And speaking of the red and aqua string block quilt, I have almost finished hand sewing the binding. One side to go.