Today I joined some of my fellow Quilt Club Australia members in a Novelty Fabric Charm Swap. Hosted by Danielle at Threads n' Mess.
This is how it works....
- For swapping 5" charm squares, each person will purchase 1 yard of fabric and cut it into 5" charm squares. 1 yard = 56 charms. (I recommend buying 1.25 yards- never hurts to have a little extra in case you make a cutting mistake.) 1 yard equals 92cms
- Choose a fabric that has a small print suitable for an 5" charms. Scale of the print is very important as smaller works better in this case.
- Fabric should be 100% cotton, quilt shop quality fabric.
- Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.
- Before mailing, cut your fabric into 5" x 5" charm squares. Press your fabric before cutting. 1 yard = 56 charm squares (5" x 5".) Here's a great tutorial on how to cut fabric into charms by Elizabeth Hartman.
- Put your fabric in a ziplock bag and include an index card with your name and email address.
- Upload pictures of your fabric to the facebook swap group and include the name of the fabric, designer, etc if possible. This ensures that there are no duplicate fabrics chosen and allows everyone to find out more about the fabrics in case they would like to order more once they have received their charms.
Danielle will then send us back 2 charms from each fabric entered (56 in total).
This is what I'm sending....