Friday, 17 February 2012

More Finished Quilts

Last night I was feeling inspired to make more blocks for the QCA Block Bee. But I looked at the two quilts that were hanging on the back of my sewing chair, all quilted and the binding sewn to the front, and decided that I better machine bind them and get them in the shop. So I did. 

I'm so glad I did because the shop is now looking very well stocked and I can concentrate on some projects for me!


I bought this fabric ages ago from Bubbamia and it has been sitting in my cupboard until earlier this year when I decided to make as many quilts as I can from my stash before buying new fabric. So far I'm sticking to this goal. The only fabric I have purchased is for quilts for myself and for quilts I am making for gifts (and even then I used a nice stash piece for one of them). The fabric collection is Eek Monsters and I have mixed it with a couple of blenders from Spotlight. 

I realised that I haven't really done any quilts in pastel colours so I whipped up this little one from some fat quarters I had. It's the same pattern as I used for the monster quilt but with 3 less blocks.

Both of these quilts are for sale on my Facebook page here and here. Now, I'm off to make some more blocks :)