Wednesday 15 February 2012

QCA Bee - March Block

My sewjo has been M.I.A for almost a week now. Possibly because I have too many things on the go at the moment. Gotta love those "works in progress". 

So, the lovely Quiltjane posted a tutorial for our QCA Bee March block, and I must admit, it had me feeling rather nervous at first. Not only was it a Dresden Plate, but a strip pieced Dresden Plate! After reading the tutorial however, I realised that it's quite similar to the string block that I did for my block last month, and that the whole thing seemed quite easy and not too complex.

I decided to get started tonight so that if I had trouble at least I have the remainder of this month and next month to get it finished. I made two blades tonight and what do you know? They were so simple and I really enjoyed making them. I can't wait to turn it into a finished block. Quiltjane has chosen solid and textured solid colours and it looks fantastic. I'm going to have to add this to my long list of quilts I want to make!



I have also started to stalk my post office box, waiting for all the gorgeous red and aqua string blocks that the ladies have made me. I have seen photos of some of them and they are just gorgeous. I feel very blessed to be in this group with such talented women.

No comments:

Post a Comment